My new house has a LOT of Bamboo on the side of the yard. It looks like the previous tenants / owners didn’t trim it at all because some of these stalks are extremely tall. I would guess over 20 feet and that seems like a low estimate. Because bamboo is a very invasive plant and grows 3 – 4 feet a year, I decided I better cut some down. When doing so I got this awesome idea to give myself yet another project! I did some research and there are TONS of things you can make with bamboo. Here is a list of a few ideas I have. Keep in mind that I am not 100% set on making all (or any) of these just yet.
- Bed frame – Currently my mattress is on the floor and while I can likely find a free or cheap bed frame on Craigslist, that’s just not my style.
- Lawn chairs – These look so cool online. I don’t really need these so I am not sure about this one.
- Greenhouse structure – These long poles would make for a strong (and free) structure for a greenhouse.
- Bimini Top for boat – Also a good structure project.
- Fence – Currently there is a section of my chain link fence that is missing. I used some plywood to keep the dogs in the yard but a bamboo replacement would look a lot nicer.
I am keeping the list short for now since I already have a ton of projects but I am pretty sure that list will become a lot bigger as time goes on.